Stanford University Campus
Free Parking on Saturday in front of Cantor Center for Visual Arts
located at Lomita Dr. at Museum Way
Cantor Center for Visual Arts in the front lobby (if raining), or front steps. Only PENCIL sketching allowed within the Cantor Center. Cafe and restrooms located within the Center.
What you will find:
- Hoover Tower Observation Platform: 285 foot high with panoramic views
- Cantor Center for Visual Arts Museum and Andy Goldworthy land sculpture across from the museum
- Rodin Sculpture Garden to the side of the Cantor Center Museum (world-renowned collection)
- Thomas Welton Stanford Art Gallery (off Palm Drive at 419 Lasuen Mall)
- Memorial Church
- New and old architecture
- Sculptures scattered throughout campus (get map at the Cantor Center)
- Frank Lloyd Wright House (have to drive to this site and walk a bit, but worth it if you are a fan of his architectural works)
- Stanford Family Mausoleum
Note: For those unfamiliar with the campus it is very large. Plan to sketch within walking distance, or study the maps if you want to drive and explore more.
Visitor info: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/visitorinfo/
Downloadable map: http://transportation.stanford.edu/pdf/visitor-map.pdf
Save the dates:
Sketchcrawl on February, 19, 2011 1-3:30 PM. Sunnyvale's downtown area
Sketchcrawl on March 12, 2011 1-3:30 PM Saratoga's historic downtown area
Watch for details.